I struggle with each of those. Every. Single. Day.
I have a short list of places I seem to be very faithful to my children:
- I always have the ingredients for my chocolate chip cookies on hand.
- I always want a long nap on Sunday afternoons after Church.
- I am always silent until my coffee cup is empty in the morning.
- I am always in my pajamas when they want to have friends over in the evening. By accident, I promise.
- I always have a load of laundry in either the washer and dryer — which most certainly has their most prized piece of clothing.
- I always serve dinner with a “take it or leave it” attitude then am offended if everyone didn’t “like” it.
- I am always somewhat unpredictable, distractable, and a little on edge.
- I always dance when any of the following musicians are played (in the order of most likely to bust a move): Michael Jackson, The BeeGees, Bruno Mars, Earth Wind & Fire, KC and The Sunshine Band. Public places can’t even stop me. I’ve tried to stop myself. I just can’t.
- I always try to kiss their necks no matter how old and taller than me they are.
- I always embarrass them at public events by doing any of the above.
So there, I have faithfulness…..just in some very strange places.
God’s faithfulness is unrelenting, ever-strong and 100% dependable. We do ourselves much good by realizing that He has the corner of the market when it comes to providing this for our children.
We can try desparately to be all of this for our kids or we can help direct them toward the One who can. I encourage you to do the later. I know that I am way too busy……
Bruno Mars is playing, the cookies need to come out of the oven and one of my kids has just called me wondering why I haven’t picked them up yet.