God has placed within my heart a passion and gift for encouraging and relating to the deep needs of other women.
Through my own painful experiences and professional training, HE has taught me how to help women discover and unleash their strengths, uncover their dreams and unlock their potential.
My heart is to point you to GOD WHO will lead you to discover who HE is. That is the key to discovering HIS will and purpose for you.
- GOD spoke to my heart when i was just a little girl. Yet I didn’t recognize HIS passionate pursuit of me until my late 20’s. It has been an incredibly painful, but beautiful and freeing journey since then as God has drawn me closer to Him and stripped away the things that I was clinging to for my hope, significance and security. You do not have to be a Christian for me to coach you, but i do coach as GOD leads. HE is Everything, so HE permeates everything i do.
- The heart GOD gave me for encouraging women grew from the ways HE has powerfully worked in my own life — as HE’s give me the power to fight chronic pain and illness over the last 20 years, raise a special needs child, face incredibly difficult parenting and marriage challenges and grapple with mental health issues with family members. In other words, I’ve been through some stuff.
- Now HE is giving me new life and healing that can only be described as incomprehensible! It is so powerful and miraculous that only HE can get credit for it. Yet, the healing HE’s given me is not the gift! The real gift was the revelation of who HE is. That is the gift i received before HE gave me my physical healing. He released me from the false god of performance that i’ve been serving all these years and showed me the REAL GOD — the GOD who simply asks for us to choose to seek HIM. As we do, HE reveals HIMSELF. Our love for HIM and HIS incredible sweetness motivates us to obey and submit to HIM more and more. Out of gratitude and love, not unhealthy fear and obligation. As we choose to obey HIM, it open the door for the HOLY SPIRIT to work in our lives and hearts. As i’ve encountered this REAL GOD the chains of physical and spiritual bondage have begun to drop one by one.
Honestly, GOD has provided all my training. Through HIS Word and through the people and experiences HE has placed in my path. HE has also led me to a few places that have helped prepare me and increase my skills and knowledge of HIM:
- BA in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Journalism from Taylor University in Indiana.
- Certification as a Professional Life Coach from the Christian Coach Institute, a highly regarded program accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), the coaching industry’s gold standard governing body.
- 12-hour Leaders’ Course, “Leadership Coaching: Coaching Executives, Business Leaders and Emerging Leaders,” through the Institute for Life Coach Training, a program also accredited by the ICF.
- Women’s Ministry Director at my church for the last five years, leading women and cultivating leaders as they go deeper in their walk with Jesus. GOD led me to Women’s Ministry 20 years ago and i have served in variety of roles.
- Healthcare staff writer and later as an account executive at a major marketing company. For more than 20 years, i worked as a freelance writer, creating marketing and public relations materials for hospitals and physician groups.
- Co-author of Mothering from Scratch: Finding the Best Parenting Style for Your Family (Bethany House, 2015) and Author of Invisible Wounds: Hope While You’re Hurting.
- HE’s provided opportunities for publishing credits in Focus on the Family’s Focus on Your Child newsletters, Clubhouse, In Touch, CBN.com, Lifeway’s Journey devotional magazine for women. Online opportunities have included publication on The Mighty, Mom Babble, Mamapedia, Bonbon Break and For Every Mom.
Areas GOD is using me:
- Spiritual Growth